01 June, 2011


I can't believe today is June 1st and my blog has been ever so neglected. I keep pinning on my Pinterest and think, " I can blog about this!". Well, that just leads to more pinning, more projects, more DIY ideas and well, you get the point. I did, however, start many wonderful things I have been wanting to do for so long and that makes me feel happy! Let me list them in this post so I can feel even more excited over my recent productivity:
  • 1. I created an amazing little outdoor sitting area complete with my garden bench that I painted white.
  • 2. I visited Betty's Bloomers..an amazing nursery with the sweetest lady, Mrs. Betty, an 85 year young sweetheart who started it all before I was born. I bought many wonderful plants and...
  • 3. ...herbs. Yes, I FINALLY did it..I started my first herb garden!
  • 4. I went to my first flea market, twice. I went the day before Mother's Day and again with my Makenna two weeks ago.
  • 5. I have been thrifting, a lot. Goodwill is one of my favorite stores and I have scored many great finds including...
  • 6. ...VINTAGE SHEETS!!! I will be uploading and posting pics of them soon.
  • 7. I also started collecting VINTAGE PYREX!!! I stumbled upon a most lovely blogger/friend who inspired my new love of vintage Pyrex and vintage sheets...please do visit her blog here
  • 8. I visited my precious 93 year old Grandma on Mother's Day...took some wonderful photos of her sweet home and garden...
  • 9. Pinterest, well, my PinBoards have certainly bloomed...please do visit them here.
  • 10. I also watched The Royal Wedding, in real time, and loved every moment of it...so breathtaking. I am an official fan of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!
11. I  started my pink Depression glass collection and my fave flea market booth, DixieLand Sisters had some great finds to get me started.
So, Summer is almost here and I am trying to focus on what I have accomplished rather than what I haven't . I am excited about bringing many of my ideas to fruition in the upcoming months! 
{Oh, I also made this...wonderful strawberry-basil iced tea with my own fresh basil !}

No comments: